Parking Development Project Manager
- Location: Witney and Cirencester
- Salary: Up to £34,500 per annum depending on skills and experience
- Hours: 37 (negotiable – minimum 25 hours)
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract – 1 Year
- Closing Date: 23 May 2018
Project managing two high profile parking development projects, you will work with consultants, developers and the local community to oversee the feasibility study for a decked car park at Woolgate, Witney, for West Oxfordshire District Council, and the preparation of a planning application for permit parking at the Rugby Club, Cirencester for Cotswold District Council.
Publica is seeking to recruit an experienced project manager who is highly organised and has worked on projects requiring planning consent and liaison with multiple consultants and landowners.
- To manage the delivery of the feasibility study for a decked car park at Woolgate, Witney.
- Manage delivery of permit parking on the Rugby Club, Cirencester
- Liaise with Consultants & review reports, ensuring sufficient evidence is gathered to enable the appropriate decision making.
- Establish the legal and financial framework for agreements between freeholder/leaseholder.
- Prepare a report to Council setting out the viability of the Woolgate scheme
- Manage communications and budget associated with the projects.
- Act as a single point of contact for all parties for each project.
- Invite and evaluate tenders for the development of the Rugby Club site.
- Ensure all statutory requirements are met, including planning and Listed Building consent, Building Regulations, Health and Safety and CDM regulations.
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in Planning, Project Management, Parking services or other subject area relevant to post or equivalent
- Proven experience in project management.
- Experience in the preparation of planning applications.
- Experience in coordinating consultants and liaising with landowners.
- Experience of procurement.
- Developing and managing contracts
- Experience in delivering communication strategies associated with projects.
- Management of financial resources – setting and monitoring budgets
- Preparation and presentation of committee reports
- Management qualification eg MBA, DMS, ILM Strategic Leadership certificate.
- Experience of Parking services and specifically the delivery of car parks.
- Experience in engaging with communities, i.e working with community groups, Town and Parish Councils and Elected Members.
The successful candidate will be experienced and knowledgeable, demonstrating an enthusiasm to work on these exciting development projects. With an understanding of likely project challenges and constraints they will understand the need for good engagement with all stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who exhibits our values of being:
- Authentic - acting genuinely and transparently doing the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other.
- Modern - not set in their ways, constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter.
- Flexible – Who is agile, adapting how and what they do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world.
- Thoughtful - Taking pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.