- Location: Witney, West Oxfordshire
- Salary: £8.75 per hour
- Hours: 10
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 13 May 2018
- Interview Date: 23 May 2018
Publica is seeking to recruit an Office Cleaner.
To undertake, individually or as part of a team, the cleaning of designated areas to ensure they are kept clean and in a hygienic condition.
- Cleaning any of the Council offices as advised by your line manager, including vacuuming all carpeted areas along with emptying and cleaning of litter and recycling bins, replacing plastic bags, dusting of all office equipment, cleaning the toilets and replenishing soap/paper towels and toilet rolls, dish washing, removing cobwebs cleaning of window frames and doors, wet floor mopping etc.
- Notifying Line Manager promptly of any Health and Safety issues, cleaning materials required, lights not working, doors not shutting etc. on a daily basis or as necessary.
- Where appropriate, lock doors and check windows are secure at end of shift.
- To undertake cleaning duties as requested in any other Council Offices buildings in Witney.
- Ensure that any identified personal training needs are discussed with the immediate supervisor.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other people who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work; and co-operate with the line manager so far as is necessary to enable the employer to perform or comply with its duties under any statutory health and safety provisions.
- This job description is intended as a general guide to the duties attached to the post and is not an inflexible specification. It may therefore be altered from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the department, always in consultation with the post holder.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and the correct disposal methods.
- Excellent communication and the ability to work with others.
- Excellent organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and the ability to identify and complete tasks without direct supervision.
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative
We are looking for someone who exhibits our values of being:
- Authentic - acting genuinely and transparently doing the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other.
- Constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter.
- Flexible – Who is agile, adapting how and what they do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world.
- Thoughtful - Taking pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.