Garden Village Programme Manager
- Location: Witney, West Oxfordshire
- Salary: Competitive Salary
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 22 April 2018
- Interview Date: 01 May 2018
Are you up for the challenge of helping West Oxfordshire District Council shape and deliver a new Garden Village. The exciting Oxfordshire Cotswolds Garden Village proposal is part of the Government’s Garden Village Programme. Can you help deliver an innovative new 21st Century community providing new jobs and homes whilst protecting the environment and bringing forward the necessary infrastructure?
If so, Publica is seeking to fill an important role that is part of a supportive and high performing team planning the future of a beautiful part of the country.
- Lead a cross functional team/ virtual team of Publica/ Oxfordshire County Council staff and consultants to help deliver the garden village
- Manage an integrated delivery programme including the development of the masterplan/ development framework and the infrastructure delivery plan
- Maintain strategic relationships with key partners/ stakeholders
- Develop a communications/ engagement strategy in order to effectively engage with the local community
- Establish and support governance and delivery arrangements
- Manage projects in the delivery programme
- Promote the Garden Village as an exemplar development
- A relevant degree or diploma in Town and Country Planning, or other relevant discipline
- Substantial experience in planning, regeneration or economic development including the successful delivery of major projects and/or programmes
- Substantial experience in community and stakeholder engagement, including presenting and facilitating at public meetings/ workshops
- Proven supervisory experience including experience in developing staff
- Excellent knowledge of best practice in the design and delivery of new strategic development areas, including the application of Garden City/Village principles
- Good understanding of the development process, including the planning process and the principles of development viability
- Computer literacy including working knowledge of MS applications
- (Qualification/eligibility for) Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or similar professional body
- Knowledge of modernising agenda for local government
- Experience of dealing with a changing working environment
The successful applicant will have the skills to develop a comprehensive long term vision for this new garden community. They will have high level influencing and negotiating skills to work effectively with stakeholders. They will also need the ability to plan and manage a complex and demanding work programme, across a virtual team, using consultants for specialist tasks. They will need to travel and have access to a car; applications for part-time work and job share are welcome.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- Please note that this position requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.