Cyber Security Engineer
- Location: Cirencester, Witney and Coleford
- Salary: Up to £40,000 depending on skills and experience
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 30 May 2018
- Interview Date: 11 June 2018
We have over 1500 people using our infrastructure with around 5000+ devices. We need an experienced and dynamic person to help us keep our end users and devices safe at the same time as ensuring they are able to consume the very latest Cloud based services.
We have invested heavily in Next-Gen Security solutions and need someone to both maintain existing solutions as well as help us to continue to improve our security posture.
If you are stuck in a job staring at legacy AV dashboards and standard firewalls and your boss won’t let you buy those Next-Gen solutions this is a great opportunity for you.
Our technologies include vmware NSX, Cisco AMP, Tenable IO and other things we will tell you about at the interview but don’t want to publicise.
The successful candidate will have: -
- A HND level or equivalent management/professional qualification
- Strong working knowledge of Next Generation Firewalls, PAM, Vulnerability Management tools, AV and Email gateway technologies
- Experience in applying security best practices to end user devices
- Solve issues arising from vulnerability scanning and serve as technical expert for vulnerability assessment tools
- Understanding of Active Directory, Exchange and Windows Server environments
- Ability to work independently to deliver against personal and team objectives, liaising with relevant teams and expertise within Publica.
- Strong customer service skills with a friendly, approachable manner
- A willingness to take responsibility for dealing with issues and resolving problems, using initiative
- Ability to remain effective, whilst adapting to changing tasks and priorities, in order to meet agreed deadlines
You will be required to:
- Manage our existing security systems, including technologies for vulnerability management, privileged account management and security monitoring and alerting.
- Point of contact and expertise on security best practice, and day-to-day security engineering requirements.
- Carry out triage of security events and elevate their priority to incident when required following research and identification of key indicators of malicious activities on the network.
- Perform regular security audits, including Active Directory and core IT systems access.
- Review products that can advance our security capabilities.
- Configure monthly phishing campaigns on staff and prepare metrics for inclusion in our cyber security awareness training programme.
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and delivery of the cyber security awareness training to alert colleagues to organisational standards and best practices.
- Help develop junior members of the team providing advice and guidance.
We are looking for someone who exhibits our values of being:
- Authentic - acting genuinely and transparently doing the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other.
- Modern - not set in their ways, constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter.
- Flexible – Who is agile, adapting how and what they do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world.
- Thoughtful - Taking pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement and your salary and any flexible working expectations; tell us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you and why you want to work for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- Please note that this position requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.