Compliance and Information Officer
- Location: Witney, Cirencester or Coleford
- Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
- Hours: Flexible, up to 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 16 April 2018
Publica is seeking to recruit an experienced and dynamic person to help us ensure that our staff and the process / systems they use comply with any applicable legislation of a regulatory nature. This will be done by ensuring that various compliance controls and administrative processes are effectively and efficiently implemented in a timely fashion.
The successful candidate will have: -
- Experience of working either in a regulated environment / audit team or ICT.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the confidence to liaise at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create concise, clear and insightful reports and presentations.
- Proven administrative skills
- Demonstrable ability to record information quickly and accurately, with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills with a friendly, approachable manner
- Proficient in using a variety of ICT systems including Word and Excel or equivalent, with the ability to quickly learn new systems
- A willingness to take responsibility for dealing with issues and resolving problems, using initiative
- Ability to remain effective, whilst adapting to changing tasks and priorities, in order to meet agreed deadlines
You will be required to:
- Support the effective implementation of Publica’s control environments, ensuring that various compliance controls and administrative processes are effectively and efficiently implemented in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and improvement of Publica and its client’s policies and procedures, advising employees on their implementation, and identifying and improving systems and controls to ensure awareness of and compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Support and assist the Audit and Compliance Manager with the delivery of Publica and its clients compliance monitoring and audit responsibilities
- Provide day to day advice and support to both Publica and client teams across the range of regulatory and compliance matters, building relationships with key stakeholders across the organisations.
- Work closely with the Audit and Compliance Manager with the development, implementation and delivery of face to face, remote and electronic training to both Publica and its client’s employees.
We are looking for someone who exhibits our values of being:
- Authentic - acting genuinely and transparently doing the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other.
- Modern - not set in their ways, constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter.
- Flexible – Who is agile, adapting how and what they do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world.
- Thoughtful - Taking pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement and your salary and any flexible working expectations; tell us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you and why you want to work for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.