Community Engagement Manager
- Location: Coleford, Forest of Dean
- Salary: Up to circa £40,000+ per annum, depending on skills and experience
- Hours: 37 (flexible working arrangements would be considered)
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 03 May 2018
- Interview Date: 18 May 2018
Publica is looking for a Community Engagement Manager to grow and maintain the strong working relationships, partnerships and networks already in place with other commissioners and service providers in the Forest of Dean that lead to a strong, place based approach to problem solving.
Your locality management or community development experience, coupled with your dynamic approach, will build on the strong community engagement we already have in place across the Forest of Dean, using strengths based approaches to show communities the capabilities and assets that already exist and to help build a community they want to live in.
- Develop strong and effective partnership arrangements with other commissioners and service providers in the Forest of Dean (e.g. VCSE; County, town and parish councils; Police; NHS; CCG), promoting better information sharing and integrated working
- Lead the development of a Forest of Dean Locality Forum, with a focus on community safety, health and wellbeing, housing and social inclusion, so that partners’ time and resources are used to maximum effect to make the Forest of Dean a better place to live
- Take the lead on local community capacity building, maximising the use of the total resource available within Publica and partner agencies to meet locally identified needs and to build increased self-reliance of individuals and communities
- Lead and manage agreed community outreach delivery teams
- Represent the locality, Publica or its Councils at agreed partnership meetings and County forums
- Work alongside other service managers to inform the activity across a range of community focussed disciplines, so that the services delivered in the Forest of Dean – either directly by Publica or commissioned from other providers – are aligned to identified local need
- Work with other managers across the Publica partnership to share learning and best practices in asset based community development
- Interpret, compare, benchmark and analyse local data and evidence so that informed policy development, service delivery and commissioning decisions are made
- Take a company wide lead role in an agreed cross cutting thematic area of work, such as safer communities, healthier communities or cleaner and greener communities
- Actively manage risks, opportunities and outcomes
- Using a strengths based approach to community development, with a clear understanding of asset based community development
- Able to build and maintain relationships, alliances and networks both within and external to Publica and also able to influence at all levels
- Extensive experience of working in a large and complex public or private sector organisation
- Can demonstrate horizon scanning and future thinking to take advantage of opportunities and manage potential threats, whilst continuously improving service quality
- Can show a track record of success in mobilising, motivating, developing and inspiring teams and individuals, including those managed by others
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills which lead to practical and creative solutions
- Able to inspire others to think and behave differently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including motivation, negotiation, persuasion, diplomacy and reassurance
- Experience of developing, co-producing and delivering first class community services
- Able to deliver effective and credible presentations, and discuss complex issues with the senior managers and other people outside Publica
- Ability to speak truth to power and a highly effective communicator across all channels
- Highly motivated with the ability to work autonomously and manage & prioritise own workload, whilst acting in a collegiate way
- Resilient, determined and confident
- Excellent political understanding and judgment with experience of operating within a political and democratically accountable organisation
- Working within and contributing to commissioning frameworks
- Using data and information to research and design innovative ways to deliver and improve services
We are looking for someone who exhibits our values of being:
- Authentic - acting genuinely and transparently doing the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other.
- Modern - not set in their ways, constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter.
- Flexible – adapting how and what they do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world.
- Thoughtful - taking pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement and your salary and any flexible working expectations; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- Please note that this position requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.