Building Control Surveyor
- Location: Witney, West Oxfordshire
- Salary: Up to £34,600 per annum depending on skills and experience
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 13 May 2018
- Interview Date: 23 May 2018
Publica are looking to recruit a team player with logical problem-solving skills capable of dealing with a wide range of domestic and commercial constructions throughout the district. You will provide professional advice on all aspects of building regulations to a wide variety of clients.
Your role will include checking plans, inspection of work during construction, keeping accurate records, managing costs and ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction. You will also deal with dangerous structures, the demolition of buildings and assist in the monitoring of planning issues.
- To provide professional advice on behalf of the service on the Building Regulations, access for the disabled, dangerous structures and all allied legislation.
- To check plans and carry out site inspections to ensure compliance with the building regulations.
- To carry out inspections of dangerous structures and resolve issues that may arise
- To exercise and promote a high level of customer satisfaction
- To contribute to the development of the service in relation to commerciality and efficiency.
- To keep up to date with current legislation, attend training events as and when required and to maintain the appropriate level of CPD.
- HND/HNC in a construction related subject or equivalent
- Associate membership of a relevant construction body
- Proven experience in supervising construction projects.
- Sufficient knowledge of the building regulations to ensure compliance of proposals with the building regulations.
- An awareness of relevant health and safety legislation.
- Computer literate with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Customer focussed
- Ability to problem solve
- Flexible, positive, motivated, organised and effective at time management
- Full membership of relevant professional body
- A relevant Degree
- Knowledge or experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Previous use of a data management system such as Uniform
- Previous use of relevant ICT systems
We are looking for a motivated team player with experience in construction and/or a suitable degree, with commercial acumen who recognises the importance of the customer. Membership of a professional body is preferable, but training towards full membership will be available to the right candidate.
We are looking for someone who exhibits our values of being:
- Authentic - acting genuinely and transparently doing the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other.
- Modern - not set in their ways, constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter.
- Flexible – Who is agile, adapting how and what they do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world.
- Thoughtful - Taking pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.